Sunday, May 30, 2010

Unimaginable

"The one sitting on the throne was as brilliant as gemstones: like jasper and carnelian."
Revelation 4:3

"From the Throne came flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder. "

Revelation 4:5


This morning I read Revelation 4. These two verses popped out at me. I was struck in awe of the description of the Throne of the Holy One. Revelation is where John recollects his encounter with God. He scrambles to find words that could possibly do his vision justice.

God resembles the most radiant jewels, rather than flesh and blood.


Think about the last time you saw something so beautiful- so beautiful that words could not measure up.
A sunset, a newborn, a rainbow.
John also describes the flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder coming from God's Throne.


Ordinary Words Cannot Compare.


How awesome is it, that we have the opportunity to serve a God who hold the stars steadily in His hands, and holds our hearts at the same time? Maybe you need to slow down for a minute after being reminded of the God who created the galaxies and mountains, and the dust and the molecules. How amazing is it that we get to spend eternity praising such a loving Father?



Every day I search for Him, I am more amazed by His wonders.
I am continually speechless by His Love.
I am in awe knowing I will one day stand in front of the mighty and fearsome God.
His unimaginable Power consumes my heart like a fire.



How will YOU feel, standing before the Throne: before the One Who resembles the most exotic jewels?

Will you be able to sing or will you be able to speak at all?





1 comment:

  1. Wowzers. Good word, Sissy. I am so proud of you. I am so excited that you have a blog that I can keep up with now... I love reading what is going on in your heart, and the things you think about. Always write them down. You are so wise. Keep diving into the word, because THAT is where the truth is.. and the truth will set you free. I love you. You are a precious jewel :)

    ReplyDelete